Script Summary: Shows the Quake Live chat in Welcome screen with previous chat on the right
Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen script made by kry.
This script replaces contents in Quake Live Welcome screen
with a new chat interface.
Quake Live forum thread
For other Quake Live userscripts made by me, see
- Fixed a bug where a #!join link was followed,
the user saw the chat and not the link to game.
- Before every time a new message came, the whole
message div refreshed, now the script only adds
the new message at the end of message div
- Changed Welcome image text to Chat
- Changed Home menu Welcome text to Chat
- If chat is already in view, no scrolling is done
- Current and previous chat friend names shown
- Increased timeout before focus is sent back to
Welcome screen chat text field.
- Added messages to Current and Previous chat windows
that are used when no real chat content is present.
- Scrolls the chat in view after sending a message
(had problems with small resolutions)
- In order to maintain good focus on the chat text field,
basic chat text field is not usable. If you write
there, the focus moves back to Welcome screen chat