Script Summary: Adds an emoticon bar for your postings on UserScripts.Org, UserStyles.Org, MozillaZine.Org forums - and even more sites.
DescriptionAn emoticon box is shown below the text area. Clicking on an emoticon appends it to the text you already entered. Originally written for UserStyles.Org, it now also works at UserScripts.Org - for this reason the script has been renamed. Though I might have to think about a new name again, since it now also supports the TabMix Plus forum on TMP.garyr.net...
Configuration / UsageJust install, nothing to configure. If you want to, however, you of course can define your own emoticons inside the script - in that case, just take care on updates. For some stylish things, you might also want to see makondos style for this script, to be used ideally with the Stylish extension (the site also offers you to load the style as GreaseMonkey script, so the Stylish extension is not a must for this). Usage is as easy as to click on the emoticon you want to insert. It will be appended to the textbox then (with the full image tag).
To give you an idea how it looks like, the following screenshot (made on UserScripts.Org) is provided:
For more recent screenshots, click the thumbnails at the top of the page.
with support for multiple sites being added, some of them having their own small emoticon selection available, it's time to think about configuration: eventually, users want to be able to disable the emoticon bar for certain sites. Consider this on the "consideration list" at least, short before entering the "ToDo list". Vote for it to make it more important, if you need this already
History of Changes
- 1.2.6 (2012-05-11) emoticons are now placed at cursor position (instead of simply appended to textarea)
- 1.2.5 (2012-05-10) -- removed disappeared and added some new smileys
- 1.2.4 (2012-02-17) -- More emoticons have been requested -- and here they are, together with some re-organisation of their order
- 1.2.3 (2011-12-??) -- added XDA-Developers Forum to supported @includes
- 1.2.2 (2011-11-02) - Added AndroidPIT.de/com to supported forums
- 1.2.1 (2009-11-13) - Added UserScripts.Org new PM to supported
- 1.2.0 (2009-11-02) - Added support for BBCode. Switched to BBCode for TMP forums (latest changes there rendered HTML images useless), and added support for MozillaZine (using BBCode). Renamed the script from Smileys for USO to EmoticonBar, since that better reflects what it became to be - so if you are updating, you probably need to manually remove the previous version.
- 1.1.8 (2009-10-29) - Fixed the code for "Quick Reply" on TMP forums (tnx for the hint, makondo!)
- 1.1.7 (2009-10-28) - Should have tested MozillaZine first - they don't support HTML, so I removed it. Instead, it now supports "Edit Metadata" here on UserScripts.Org.
- 1.1.6 (2009-10-28) - Added support for "discuss a style" on UserStyles.Org,
plus for PMs and Forums on MozillaZine.Org
- 1.1.5 (2009-10-28) - Now also supports "Edit post" on UserScripts.Org
- 1.1.4 (2009-10-27) - Integrated some more emoticons based on makondos collection. Slightly reorganized emoticon order (grouping)
- 1.1.3 (2009-10-27) - Especially for makondo: Now with support for TMP forums. Additionally included a
@requirefor GMSU to provide automatic updates in the future.
- 1.1.2 (2009-09-21) - Removed a few smileys which caused errors (photobucket)